We are looking for a Senior Account Manager to join our Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) sales team to look after global key accounts based in the Shanghai office. This is an exciting opportunity for a polished solution-based sales professional who is ambitious and performance-oriented. In addition to be being an exceptional individual sales performer, the ideal candidate will possess general knowledge and interest in market research principles and disciplines.
The Senior Account Manager, will take lead on a portfolio of key Mintel Clients within our Global Key Account Program in the Greater China market. The focus of this position will be on-site account management designed to increase Mintel’s presence within each account. The Senior Account Manager will network extensively and identify upgrade opportunities and develop a robust approach to increase and grow Mintel’s business portfolio for these accounts within the Greater China market. The Senior Account Manager will be responsible for establishing strong, high-level relationships with Mintel’s Global Key Account base and drive Mintel into a position where we are considered a valued and preferred research partner for these accounts
Excellent internal and client-facing communication, networking, relationship development, product articulation and support, customer service, and consultative up-selling skills are an absolute requirement. Ideally candidates will possess a general knowledge and interest in marketing and market research together with a passion for selling and helping clients in the FMCG industry. The candidate should be able to work independently as well as in a team
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Take lead on the China partnership of global key accounts, and communicate regularly with the regional pivot and Global Key Account Director for each client (due to time zone differences, evening calls may be required
- Maintain and grow existing account relationships using excellent communication skills, strong follow-up and sharp attention to detail.
- Become a product expert across all Mintel CPG products and services and be able to present and communicate comfortably in front of large groups
- Execute Mintel’s core client servicing strategy with each client and adapt appropriately to each client’s core business objectives
- Manage and ensure client servicing requirements are met for each client by working closely with Mintel’s analyst and client support teams
- Travel to clients for face-to-face meetings (up to 50% of time or as needed) and demonstrate a highly polished, professional and consultative selling style
- Leverage client relationships and playback client goals/objectives to grow accounts by securing additional products or services
- Drive and develop Mintel’s Consulting and Ad-hoc Capabilities working closely with the local in-house Consultant team
- Continuously deliver creative business solutions to prove ROI and gather value statements on a quarterly basis for each client to aid in the renewal and entrenchment process
- Network throughout assigned accounts by leveraging contacts throughout client organisation structure targeting across departments and at senior levels. Identify new champions within organizations to increase revenue streams.
- Negotiate and close contracts to meet sales upgrade, consultancy and renewal rate targets as set by management team
- Ensure accurate recording of client details, meetings, objectives, opportunities within Salesforce CRM
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years of proven consultative sales experience: CPG/FMCG experience a plus
- Strong background in account management and/or business development, with proven financial success in expanding client relationships and maximizing account potential
- Highly polished, professional and consultative selling style
- Strong business and work ethic
- Proficient written and spoken Mandarin and English with excellent communication skill
- Ability to travel