Mintel is an independent award-winning provider of world-leading market intelligence, delivering robust information, analysis and critical recommendations. Mintel's trusted portfolio of proprietary industry solutions and products has been supporting high profile clients in key sectors such as FMCG, financial services, media, retail, leisure and education for over 45 years.
With an expanding global presence, our worldwide office locations include London, Chicago, New York, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, Sydney, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Mumbai.
Reporting directly to General Manager, SEA, this individual; the Senior Business Development Director will lead new business salespeople in driving the total business development of Mintel in Thailand. The successful candidate will be the key in driving adoption of Mintel’s syndicated tools, helping drive new subscriptions in emerging sectors and companies. The incumbent is also expected to assist in presentations, workshops and on-site support service to ensure these accounts are renewed on an annual basis. Mintel has a proven and successful business model in emerging markets and we are looking for the right incumbent to take the lead for Thailand.
- Sell new business and create a strategy to target key clients in the FMCG, suppliers and agency sectors
- Supervise, train and motivate the sales management team and support the team to reach KPIs for Thailand market whilst actively develop the accounts within own portfolio
- Deliver exceptional sales results against target
- Utilize a consultative approach with clients to understand their ambitions and be able to demonstrate how Mintel can support that with a clear ROI
- Travel to clients for face-to-face meetings and manage your territory to the highest standards
- Work strategically with the team to start, grow and support all aspects of the business sales cycle
- Maintain records of all interactions with qualified prospects using SalesForce.com
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5 years’ proven sales experience in Advertising/Media agencies or within FMCG sector in Thailand
- Proven experience led a high-performing sales team to success at all levels
- A self-starter and self-motivated, energetic and hungry
- Demonstrated achievement and experience managing accounts and developing new business (hunter)
- Genuinely inspiring leader energized to motivate your team to provide an unsurpassed customer experience
- Enthusiastic and passionate – have a genuine interest in the Have the presence and ability to ‘excite’ people about the service
- Intelligent – leaning more on the ‘quiet confidence’ as opposed to ‘brash’ sales style
- A strong presenter
- Flexibility to travel throughout the region as the role required