Our Food and Drink Analysts are tasked with challenging our clients’ ideas and thinking by providing fresh insight and analysis with impact building upon Mintel’s proprietary data and analysis. This role will also play a key role in the roll out of new business initiatives from Mintel. Successful candidates will need experience in the food and drink business within the ANZ market and an ability to combine that knowledge with strong data analysis skills to help our clients remain competitive in the future.
This role is located in Sydney.
In this role you will:
- Work with Mintel Food & Drink’s client base of major global CPG brands and supporting our Account management teams.
- Deliver insight and analysis at the category and broader consumer level through monthly analysis delivered to our clients through the Mintel Food & Drink platform.
- Engage with clients by presenting these insights in person and via webinars.
- Speak at conferences, briefings and major industry events.
- As part of the role, the analyst will help commercial teams pitch new Mintel business capabilities by building compelling, relevant and motivating case studies, and work with clients to help them understand how best to get the most from the offering.
- 5+ years of experience working for one or more of the following:
- a manufacturer or brand in the food and drink industry
- market research/advertising/marketing strategy and/or consultancy;
- analytics company in a CPG role
- Experience with or an understanding of new product development, competitive intelligence, brand development, and consumer research and trends
- A talent for seeing the patterns behind data and understanding what these patterns might mean for consumers and the companies serving those consumers
- Strong experience of using consumer research data and how to effectively analyze it
- Strong written English and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced PowerPoint skills.
- A talent for storytelling with data
- Demonstrated presentation skills for large audiences and individual clients
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to travel up to 30%