Are you passionate about food and drink?
Do you have a knack for spotting the latest trends?
Are you curious about what drives consumer behaviour?
Do have an entrepreneurial bent?
The role of Senior Food and Drink Trends Analyst at Mintel offers you an opportunity to put your unique talents to work, partnering with our clients, who are leading players in the food and drink industry.
Our Food and Drink division started ten years ago with a simple mission – to help our clients make the products of tomorrow. As a Food and Drink Trends Analyst you will be tasked with challenging their ideas and providing them with fresh insight and analysis by drawing upon Mintel’s vast database of information on global food and drink trends and consumer insights.
This role will also play a key role in the roll out of new business initiatives from Mintel. Successful candidates will need to have a combination of experience in food and drink innovation and the ability to draw actionable insights from consumer data. This role will involve working with our clients on innovation projects and help them remain competitive in the future.
This role is located in Sydney.
In this role you will:
- Work with Mintel Food & Drink’s client base of major global CPG brands and supporting our Account management teams.
- Deliver insight and analysis at the category and broader consumer level through monthly analysis delivered to our clients through the Mintel Food & Drink platform.
- Engage with clients by presenting these insights in person and via webinars.
- Speak at conferences, briefings and major industry events.
- As part of the role, the analyst will help commercial teams pitch new Mintel business capabilities by building compelling, relevant and motivating case studies, and work with clients to help them understand how best to get the most from the offering.
- 8+ years of experience working for one or more of the following:
- a manufacturer or brand in the food and drink industry
- market research/advertising/marketing strategy and/or consultancy;
- analytics company in a CPG role
- Experience with or an understanding of new product development, competitive intelligence, brand development, and consumer research and trends
- A talent for seeing the patterns behind data and understanding what these patterns might mean for consumers and the companies serving those consumers
- Strong experience of using consumer research data and how to effectively analyze it
- Strong written English and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced PowerPoint skills.
- A talent for storytelling with data
- Demonstrated presentation skills for large audiences and individual clients
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to travel up to 40%