Mintel is a global leader in providing consumer market research, competitive intelligence tools and customized consulting solutions to large organizations. With group headquarters in London and US headquarters in Chicago, Mintel has been a market leader for over forty years.
Mintel is in search of an experienced consumer research analyst to join the Reports team. The Senior Lifestyles Analyst will contribute to our internationally recognized research library by developing quantitative and qualitative research plans, analyzing the resulting data and trends, and generating insightful research reports, blog posts and articles. The Senior Lifestyles Analyst will have in-depth knowledge of consumer behavior, demographic and psychographic trends, and be commercially driven, with an eye toward how consumer behavior impacts businesses.
The Senior Lifestyles Analyst will take ownership of specific subject areas, while working within a larger team.
What You Will Be Doing:
Insight generation and analysis
- Create thoughtful, topic-based reports that combine consumer data with secondary research on industry trends and innovations, to create a full picture of the market situation
- Develop quantitative and qualitative consumer research studies and analyze resulting data
- Translate research findings for clients through data visualization and written analysis that provides actionable insights, demonstrates critical thinking, and offers forward looking statements that impact our readers’ business/careers
- Provide clients guidance on topics of expertise in-person, over the phone, and through webinars
- Develop relationships and work collaboratively with a wide range of company departments, in the US and globally
What We Are Looking For:
- Superior knowledge of consumer behavior
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant research, marketing, shopper or consumer insights, branding or consulting role
- Ability to explain complicated concepts in a clear, concise way
- Exceptional writing ability
- Talent for seeing the patterns behind data, and understanding what these patterns mean from a business standpoint
- Experience with various qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures
- Self-motivated, curious, creative, ability to think strategically, while following set processes with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated presentation skills for large audiences and individual clients
- Ability to travel up to 5-10% of the time
- Expertise working in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets