Are you naturally curious? Do you love solving a good mystery or puzzle? Do you feel compelled to seek out the true meaning of things? Would you like to work with a team of passionate problem-solvers dedicated to bringing research insights and compelling data to life? If so, the Mintel Comperemedia Research team seeks a curious researcher who is passionate about connecting the dots and telling stories with the data. This person will join us as a Senior Research Analyst to be part of a custom project team for a large banking client.
The primary goal of this role is to track the overall financial services market, track specific competitors, provide activity updates, and conduct threat and opportunity assessments. With the rapidly changing landscape in financial services, a key focus of this role is to guide this key client in understanding that changing financial services, including new, innovative payment mechanisms and products, digital and mobile initiatives, and new developments in Fintech. The successful candidate will be able to envision, prepare and deliver insight-led reports using data that has been collected through Comperemedia’s proprietary marketing-tracking database and other best-in-class sources of competitive marketing intelligence. Some direct client contact will be expected. This is a highly visible role, providing intelligence in support of this client’s current and future initiatives. This person will work from Mintel’s Chicago office.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Identify and communicate insights and opportunities regarding consumer and market trends, competitive forces, and competitor strategies, within financial services
- Write custom market research reports, and some syndicated reports, based on in-house data and other best-in-class sources of competitive marketing intelligence
- Identify market and consumer trends, and illustrate data in an informative, yet creative display, in reports and presentations that address business issues and offer insight and direction for clients
- Engage with clients by presenting insights in-person, over the phone, and via webinar
- Work collaboratively across the research team to continually elevate insights and provide relevant and timely content
- Manage timelines and deliverables for a variety of long and short term projects
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum of five years of work experience in research, analysis and competitive intelligence/market research
- Proven experience in analyzing and synthesizing quantitative and qualitative data in unique ways, to provide new understandings of a market, a product, or competitive set, allowing clients to make key business decisions
- Experience working within the banking or financial services field strongly preferred
- Understanding of cross-channel marketing practices required, including digital, social, email, direct mail, print, and/or TV
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
- Ability to analyze multiple sets of data and write concise, insightful analysis
- Strong presentation skills, including the ability to tailor communications to different audiences; strong ability to synthesize data and “tell stories” as it relates to key competitive insights
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and manage time effectively
- BA/BS degree is preferred
- This role involves approximately 15% travel
About Mintel, Comperemedia’s parent company:
Mintel Group is an international leader in providing consumer market research and competitive intelligence tools as well as in delivering customized solutions to top-tier organizations. With group headquarters in the UK and US headquarters in Chicago, Mintel has been a market leader for over forty years. As a Senior Research analyst you’ll get a chance to work with some of the world’s most recognized brands, helping to solve their biggest challenges.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets