Mintel is seeking to hire a Senior Accounting Manager for their Chicago office. This is an exciting opportunity to not only lead a team of 6, but to work and collaborate with other teams across the globe. As Senior Accounting Manager, some of your responsibilities include Sales Tax, Financial Reporting, Annual Budgets, Compensation Plans, and our Annual Financial Audit.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Lead a Team of 6 direct reports: 2 Collectors, 1 Billing specialist, 1 Tax Analyst and 2 Global Sales Analysts
- Oversee Sales Operations such as recording sales contracts for US and UK, US sales commission worksheets and ranking tables, and Global sales performance metrics including monthly, quarterly and annual reporting. Make recommendations to Controller regarding sales discrepancies in accordance with policy.
- Responsible for US Revenue Accounting for example deferred revenue recognition, custom project margins and related balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Ensure US Billing is timely and accurate, entailing assessing various payment terms eligibility and applicability of sales tax, to clients of subscription services and custom projects.
- Manage Sales Tax Compliance including timely remittance and reporting of tax collections, owning the software vendor relationship and being the main point of contact for state revenue agency audits.
- Ensure timely Collection Standards are met; improve upon existing documented procedures and collection aging reports that give management meaningful information to make decisions.
- Ownership of US Revenue Close processes for month and year-end.
- Ownership of building the US Revenue and Margin Budgets within the Annual US Budget which includes year over year analysis and metrics during the draft stages and target setting with Commercial Directors.
- Apply Sales Compensation plan terms and conditions; responsible for issuing both start of year roll out of new template and making edits and adding new hires throughout the year.
- Maintain a strong system of Internal Control processes and procedures.
- Be a process change advocate, encouraging the team to identify inefficiencies and implement agreed improvements.
- Participate in Annual Financial Audit process with external auditors for all things revenue.
- Perform ad hoc reports, analysis and special projects; collaborate with your coworkers in EMEA and APAC as needed.
Who We’re Looking For:
- BS in Accounting is required, Masters is desirable
- CPA with 10+ years of accounting experience, including managing a team of at least 3
- Required advanced knowledge of Excel such as Pivot Tables & V-lookups
- Knowledge of Great Plains Accounting software is a plus
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to coach and lead a growing team
- Success identifying inefficiencies and implementing improvements
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and manage multiple priorities
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
Note: This role requires an advanced Excel skills test and Accounting Competency test that will be given should you be invited onsite.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets