Mintel is in search of a Senior Trends Strategist (Futurist) with a background as an innovative thinker and researcher combined with a distinguished career in the Media and/or CPG industries. Experience working effectively at the senior executive level and a passion for consumers, strategy, markets and brands are essential for success in this role. You must have a fascination with what drives consumer behavior and an ability to spot how behavioral trends play out across different consumer goods markets. With more than 350 clients relying on Mintel for insights on trends, this role will involve proactive and reactive support for our key clients, as well as enhancing the capabilities of the existing analyst team to grow the trends business.
Mintel’s Senior Trends Strategist will help position Mintel to our clients as a partner who can help tell them what is going to happen in the future and how that will affect their business. This team member should be prepared to advise Mintel’s business partners and individuals about potential scenarios, trends, and opportunities. The goal is for Mintel’s Senior Trends Strategist to help set our clients up for success by preparing for the changes that could be coming. Viable candidates will feel comfortable forecasting the future based on in-depth research on technology changes, social trends, environmental issues, politics, and global issues.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Develop insights to be shared across Mintel’s Advertising, Media and CPG portfolio
- Ensure meaningful client interaction with Mintel Trends, identifying application of trends to each client’s commercial goals and constantly demonstrating ROI for the client
- Use innovative thinking and entrepreneurial skills to spot opportunities, stretch a client’s thinking and validate opportunities
- Apply experience with a wide range of client-types to present future thinking, deliver research results and conduct innovation strategy workshops
- Collaborate internally across Mintel teams to contribute to our future-thinking, innovation-focused culture
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum 10 years of consumer research, trend forecasting, and/or consulting experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Understanding of brand building, innovation processes, strategic NPD and methodologies for each
- Highly developed analytical skills, ability to interpret a wealth of information from different sources to build compelling stories with a commercial conclusion
- Absolute fluency in written and spoken English with first class communication skills
- Flexibility to travel regularly within the US and potentially globally to meet with clients
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets