Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets and aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology supports research, analysis, and operations work of Mintel staff and help us deliver data, insight and opinion in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
We’re looking to recruit a team leader for our UK software maintenance and operations team. This team ensures the smooth running of Mintel’s many products and services via proactive monitoring, responding to bugs or runtime issues, and by working on strategic projects to increase system stability and reliability. This team works in partnership with other maintenance teams in Chicago and Shanghai to ensure that our sites and systems continue to work effectively for our users, wherever they are globally.
As the Team Leader, you will manage a team of up to 8 people. You and your team will be responsible for monitoring our systems, evaluating alerts, and rectifying issues. You will ensure that problems are resolved by in-team developers or are effectively escalated to other teams or offices. In addition to ensuring day to day work progresses effectively, we’re keen that the Team Leader spends time improving processes and metrics, suggests improvements and works to mentor and assist the growth of their team members.
- Ensure day to day system monitoring and issue resolution progresses effectively
- Proactively identify and act towards removing team impediments
- Communicate regularly with other maintenance and operation team leads to share experience and common issues
- Coordinate pickup of tasks with common knowledge across office locations, ensuring no outstanding tasks are left without someone taking responsibility for their progress
- Ensure that operational processes are measured and ideas for improving team practices are discussed and progressed.
- Communicate regularly with Product Development leads to ensure they are aware of technical issues that need action and to help them maintain their own prioritized backlog
- Maintain a prioritized technical backlog, approaching all issues from an ROI perspective
- Stay in touch with Infrastructure, Operations, Services, and Accounts teams to understand larger-scale ongoing issues they are dealing with and prioritizing those issues with product development leads
- Work with team operations coordinators to ensure incoming emails and issues are being handled appropriately
- Keep track of team members’ current tasks and skillsets so that their workloads can be managed appropriately