We are looking for an experienced survey scripter/programmer of market research surveys to join Mintel's Research and Data Analytics team based in London.
You will be working as part of a global team that provides a first class level of quantitative consumer research to the annual schedule of Mintel’s portfolio of products, and take over the responsibility of programming online surveys to work closely with our questionnaire designers and industry analysts.
Programming quantitative consumer surveys: Experience of working with Confirmit, Decipher or similar software, you need to be proficient in the design of surveys, filters, quotas and exporting of data.
Survey testing and quality assurance: You will ensure that Mintel produces the best quality research possible according to specifications and standards.
Project management: As part of a global team you will liaise with analysts and statisticians in the UK and US who are core part of your team.
Managing external supplier relationships: You will be working with research suppliers and providers, involving daily interaction and coordination with Project managers at online research providers (panel companies).
Who we are looking for:
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate:
- A strong background in survey programming software, such as Confirmit or Decipher, as well as creativity in designing and analysing online quantitative consumer questionnaires
- Relevant work experience within a market research environment and a good working knowledge of market research methodologies
- Ability to understand logic, identify logic errors, and make logic recommendations
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of numeracy
- Great organisational skills as well as the ability to work under pressure
- Strong grasp of English language (grammar)
- Ability to follow standards and practices
- Bachelor’s degree (preferable Master’s Degree) or a comparable degree with a minimum of 2:1 in the relevant degree
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques and insight generation a plus
- Good analytical and interpretative skills, attention to detail, inquiring mind, creative ideas and plenty of enthusiasm.