Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets and aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology supports research, analysis, and operations work of Mintel staff and help us deliver data, insight and opinion in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
We’re looking for a test/QA engineer with at least 2 years of commercial experience working with agile development teams to ensure new features meet high quality standards. The role will include both manual testing alongside building up of suite of automated regression tests.
Our teams are adding functionality and improving the tools our clients, researchers and analysts use every day. Your skills and expertise will help us ensure that we’re always delivering high quality solutions.
In this role:
- Work with your development team to ensure all new features are fully tested.
- Collaborate with developers to plan and test improvements to our systems
- Setup and maintain an environment for running automated browser-based tests
- Build up regression tests to improve test coverage
- Ensure that the scope of required tests is considered when planning new feature development.
- Help to improve team testing practices via your expert input.
- You’ll be expected to contribute to cross team discussions, as our developers help us to evolve our technical direction and best practices.
- At least 2 years of experience of manual and automated testing
- In-depth knowledge of Selenium Web Driver
- Familiarity with Java applications
- Experience with web application load testing tools such as JMeter would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of BDD and appropriate frameworks such as Cucumber would be useful
- Excellent communication skills, and a desire to work in a highly collaborative environment and participate fully in agile software development processes.
- A history of working effectively with developers and UX professionals.