Mintel is looking for a creative trends spotter who understands how lifestyles are evolving, can spot inspiring innovations and has the ability to link seemingly disparate observations to broader consumer trends.
Mintel’s North American Trends Analyst will be responsible for identifying intriguing innovations from across a range of different categories. These “Trend Observations” will be used to inspire new product and campaign development in line with consumer trends. The Trends Analyst will form a crucial part of the global trend-spotting team, ensuring that Mintel’s global trends are effectively applied to the North American region.
Based in Mintel’s American head office in Chicago, this person will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy being surrounded by people with a range of different skills and expertise.
A keen interest in how society, culture, lifestyles and brand activity is changing is a must!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Create Trend Observation content which is thought-provoking and reflects how consumers are now interacting with brands
- Apply Mintel’s global trends to the North American region
- Work with the global Trends team to ensure Mintel’s trends are cutting edge, intriguing and useful
- Collaborate with Mintel’s research analysts to ensure Mintel trends are supported by relevant data and are applicable to a range of categories and demographics
- Use Mintel data tools to ensure trends content is well-evidenced
What We Are Looking For:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a Trends/Insights/Planning/Journalism/Innovation role within an agency or client side
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to display trends content in a creative way
- Ability to apply insights to a range of different categories
- Lateral thinking is critical, being able to spot innovations from a wide range of sectors to see how broader trends and themes are emerging
- Comfortable working with data
- Inquisitive by nature and hungry to find out what’s next
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vet