Wanted; a creative thinking, trends spotting, future looking, Southeast Asia specialising, Trends Analyst.
Mintel is looking for a creative trends spotter who has a strong command in English and writing capabilities. The candidate would also be able to detect how lifestyles are evolving, can spot inspiring innovations, and has the ability to link observations from a range of categories to broader consumer trends.
Mintel’s Asia Pacific Trends Analyst will be responsible for spotting intriguing innovations from across the Southeast Asian market. These “Trend Observations” will be used to inspire new product and campaign development in line with consumer trends. The Trends Analyst will be able to apply these innovations effectively in helping brands understand how consumers are reacting across the Asia region and further as part of a global team.
Based in Mintel’s Kuala Lumpur office, this individual will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy being surrounded by people with a range of different skills and expertise.
A keen interest in how society, culture, lifestyles and brand activity is changing is a must!
- Create Trend Observation content which is thought provoking and reflects how consumers are now interacting with brands.
- Apply Mintel’s global trends to the Asia region.
- Share and present trends thinking to clients.
- Work with the global Trends team to ensure Mintel’s trends are cutting edge, intriguing and useful.
- Collaborate with Mintel’s research analysts to ensure Mintel trends are supported by relevant data and are applicable to a range of categories and demographics.
- Use Mintel data tools to ensure trends content is well evidenced.
Experience & Skills:
- Absolute fluency in written and spoken English is a must.
- Ability for creative and journalistic writing.
- Lateral thinking is critical, being able to spot innovations from a wide range of sectors to see how broader trends and themes are emerging.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a Trends/Insights/Research/Planning/Innovation/Journalism role within an agency or client side.
- Experience of working with brands in Asian markets.
- Fluency in spoken and/or written alternative Asian language is preferred. – Thai or Bahasa.
- Ability to display and present trends content in a creative way.
- Ability to apply insights to a range of different categories.
- Comfortable working with data.
- Degree level education.
- Inquisitive by nature and hungry to find out what’s next.