Mintel is looking for a seasoned User Experience Designer to join our growing product development team in London.
The right candidate is a dynamic, engaging individual with a proven track record and passion for developing information architecture that optimizes the user experience of a product. The prospect of architecting complex information and data to ultimately deliver powerful insights for our clients is an exciting one. You are experienced and skilled in building user flows and creating scenarios, storyboards, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes. You excel at working with data and research products. You command a customer-centric focus in all that you do and are driven to deeply understand and empathize with users. All of this you do skillfully and swiftly in an agile setting.
In this role you’ll engage with our users and work in a cross-functional team to develop a products our customers will love. You’ll develop the information architecture, information hierarchy and overall user experience, collaborating continuously with product development, software engineers, design, marketing, sales and research. You are driven, action-oriented, agile, prioritization-minded and can break down complex problems into actionable steps that deliver results.
- Use proven user-centric design principles, business requirements and research to develop information architecture, structure, flow and user interactions.
- Develop conceptual designs, wireframes, high-fidelity wireframes, click-throughs and prototypes.
- Own the end-to-end UX processes and deliverable set with frequent iteration and evolution of design solutions.
- Base design solutions on well-researched use cases, process flows and wireframes, in full knowledge of interaction behaviors.
- Assess and optimize the user experience by leading and acting upon usability testing and research.
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders, product manager and software developers from conceptualization through design to implementation.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years designing the user experience, from concept to implementation. Specialization in information architecture preferred.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in web design, human-computer interaction (HCI).
- Direct experience designing interfaces for business applications, data visualization, SaaS, marketing analytics.
- Mobile and responsive design experience.
- Strong command of design thinking principles and process, ability to create highly intuitive and usable interfaces.
- Experience working in an agile setting with cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to move fast, listen, iterate and adapt.
- Talent for rapid prototyping and incorporating personas, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and feedback.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Experience writing user test scripts, moderating testing, quantifying results and prioritizing testing outcomes.
- High performance under pressure, producing quality output to deadline, within a fast-paced development environment.
- Knowledge of a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Axure, Invision, XD, Illustrator