Mintel is looking for a User Interface Designer to join our UK Product Development team. As a UI Designer, you’ll delight users with design that inspires, engages, and excites them. You’ll be a key member of the team working to deliver Mintel’s world-class insight to our users through simple, intuitive, effective, and modern web design.
You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visual interfaces — from concept to execution. You’ll collaborate with product managers, UX strategists, developers, and your fellow designers to continuously refine the suite of UK Mintel products and design language, and create innovative, great-looking products that people love to use.
- Work collaboratively with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Contribute to our developing design system by helping formalize a consistent visual design language across all products
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Work with UX designers to utilize web analytics data, consumer insights, market research, and proven user-centered design principles in the creation of user interface designs
- Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in usability testing and interpreting analytics data
- Proactively review, refine, and recommend new interface concepts across multiple websites and mobile
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, UI Design or other related field
- Proven UI experience with a strong portfolio; interaction design experience a plus
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, or other visual design tools
- Excellent visual design skills with a high sensitivity to user-system interaction and responsiveness requirements
- Data visualization experience a strong plus
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to make strong recommendations based on industry trends, consumer research, business needs and technical feasibility/difficulty
- Excellent communication (verbal and presentational) interpersonal skills along with the ability to collaborate across multiple business units
- High performance under pressure and in adherence to deadlines with a quality output
- Practical experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment desired
Mintel Group is an international leader in providing consumer market research and competitive intelligence tools as well as in delivering customized solutions to top-tier organizations. With group headquarters in the UK and US headquarters in Chicago, Mintel has been a market leader for over forty years.