Mintel, the world’s leading market intelligence agency is seeking an ambitious and performance-oriented Account Executive to join our growing team in Malaysia.
The Account Executive will take lead on a portfolio of Mintel clients in Malaysia and Singapore, being fully responsible for establishing strong, high-level relationships with Mintel’s key client base and drive Mintel into a position where we are considered a valued and preferred research partner.
The incumbent will have a passion for client service and commercial growth. Experience in the FMCG industry is not a must, but would be valued. The incumbent should be able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Successfully manages a portfolio of clients in the assigned territory
- Understands client objectives and ROI and delivers service plan accordingly
- Drives client ROI helping them understand the services that they have subscribed to and the content within
- Engage clients with annual service plan meeting, new user and refresher trainings, half-yearly partnership reviews, termination notice discussions, and renewal discussions
- Grow the current portfolio value via product upgrades, or engaging in Mintel Consultancy & Mintel Services
- Support wider Account Management/Commercial team
- Maintain and develop existing account relationships within an assigned portfolio using excellent communication skills, strong follow-up and sharp attention to detail.
- Understands client’s business operations and asked detailed questions to understand their burning business questions and service issues.
- Maintain product knowledge across all Mintel product lines and services.
- Identify new champions and revenue streams by networking throughout assigned accounts and by leveraging contacts throughout the industry.
- Continuously deliver creative business solutions to prove ROI on a monthly or quarterly basis to aid in the renewal and enrichment process.
- Effectively utilize Mintel's CRM system (Salesforce.com) for tracking activity and client information.
- Ability to present data, train, and communicate comfortably in front of large groups.
- Anticipated travel: Quarterly to Singapore for client and team meetings, and frequently to local client offices in Malaysia.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years of proven consultative sales experience: CPG/FMCG experience a plus
- Experience in managing and/or servicing multiple accounts or projects at any given time, with proven track record of success in expanding client relationships and maximizing account potential
- An excellent active listener, attuned and empathetic to stakeholder objectives
- Patiently persistent while being commercially driven and aware
- Outstanding communication skills with track record of independent stakeholder management