Mintel seeks to hire an ambitious and performance-oriented Key Account Director to join our growing team in Australia & New Zealand.
The Key Account Director, based in Mintel’s Sydney office, will take lead on the portfolio of key Mintel Clients in the Australian market. The focus of this position will be on-site account management designed to increase Mintel’s presence within each account. The Key Account Director will lead renewals, identify upgrade opportunities and develop a robust approach to increase and grow Mintel’s business portfolio within the Australian market. The Key Account Director will be responsible for establishing strong, high-level relationships with Mintel’s core client base and drive Mintel into a position where we are considered a valued and preferred research partner.
Excellent internal and client-facing communication, networking, relationship development, product articulation and support, customer service, and consultative up-selling skills are an absolute requirement. Ideally candidates will possess a general knowledge and interest in marketing and market research together with a passion for selling and helping clients in the FMCG industry. The candidate should be able to work independently as well as in a team
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and grow existing account relationships within the Australian market using excellent communication skills, strong follow-up and sharp attention to detail.
- Execute Mintel’s core client servicing strategy with each client and adapt appropriately to each client’s core business objectives
- Manage and ensure client servicing requirements are met for each client by working closely with Mintel’s analyst and client support teams
- Travel to clients for face-to-face meetings within Australia and demonstrate a highly polished, professional and consultative selling style
- Leverage client relationships and playback client goals/objectives to grow accounts by securing additional products or services
- Drive and develop Mintel’s Consulting offering within the Australian market, working closely with the local in-house Consultant team
- Network throughout assigned accounts by leveraging contacts throughout client organisation structure targeting across departments and at senior levels. Identify new champions within organizations to increase revenue streams.
- Become a product expert across all Mintel CPG products and services
- Meet sales upgrade and consultancy targets as set by APAC management team
- Achieve an annual subscription renewal rate of 94% for the Australian market
- Supervise, train and advise a team of Account Managers and support the team to reach KPIs for Australian market
- Ensure accurate recording of client details, meetings, objectives, opportunities within Salesforce CRM
- Achieve a minimum of 20 meetings per month (to be tracked in Salesforce), of which at least 50% should be directly related to Subscription Upgrade and Consulting opportunities
- Frequent travel domestically and internationally (required travel time 50%)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years of proven consultative sales experience: CPG/FMCG experience a plus
- Strong background in account management and/or business development, with proven financial success in expanding client relationships and maximizing account potential
- Previous team leading experience will be an advantage
- Highly polished, professional and consultative selling style
- Strong business and work ethic
- Proficient written and spoken English with excellent communication skills