In this role, you will be responsible for a portfolio of 4-5 strategic multi-regional accounts with significant spend and/or growth opportunity, and will be ultimately responsible for the retention and growth of those accounts.
As the global lead for those accounts, you will be responsible for leading an account team with local account directors on all areas of account planning, servicing and negotiation. Reporting into the Global Key Accounts Manager, based in London, you are also accountable to both the local regional structures of the accounts and the global vertical executive and will have an active voice in Mintel’s strategic global projects.
Communication externally and internally is a core element of this role, and as such you will collaborate, inspire and motivate the Account Team under your leadership to lead to a world class experience for your clients.
- Own strategy and commercial relationship of global accounts
- Meet growth and renewal targets
- Close partnership with the Global Engagement Director to ensure focus is driven by clients’ needs.
- Prioritize actions to be executed by local Account Directors, in line with client and Mintel’s regional goals
- Together with Global Engagement Director, create and ensure all relevant related collateral is easily accessible for all regional account teams
- Set a global, client-focused perspective, including servicing, analyst engagement, marketing collateral, sales pitches, & project requests.
- Quarterly Reviews with client at their HQ, reviewing all global servicing, global usage, projects delivered globally, and collaborative strategic direction of account (if desired)
- Regular strategic reviews conducted with internal stakeholders to track progress (and update accordingly) against strategic plan
Experience And Skills
- Senior Account Manager level
- Proven experience with managing, renewing and upgrading Accounts
- Strong performance track record in an account management role
- Self-starter - one who is able to create new best practices and lead by example
- Fluency in German
- CPG experience preferred
- Exceptional negotiation and account management skills
- Exceptional communication skills, working with global teams