Mintel is a global leader in providing consumer market research, competitive intelligence tools and customized consulting solutions to large organizations. With group headquarters in London and US headquarters in Chicago, Mintel has been a market leader for over forty years.
Mintel is in search of an experienced research and market analyst with expertise in CPG beverage markets. The qualified individual will contribute to our internationally recognized publications by creating relevant, thoughtful, comprehensive market reports. This analyst will apply his/her extensive industry knowledge and critical thinking to both qualitative and quantitative research. This expert will join a team of industry analysts dedicated to delivering compelling syndicated Reports to a wide range of the world’s largest and most creative companies.
The Beverage Analyst works as part of a team of Analysts, sharing ideas and insight, while taking ownership of specific product areas. Main responsibilities include researching, writing Reports, presenting findings to clients, handling client queries, and working with Mintel’s sales and marketing/PR teams.
Insight generation and analysis:
- Create insightful, relevant analysis of CPG beverage markets that include consumer, market, retailer and/or manufacturer research and perspective.
- Develop consumer surveys and turn consumer research findings, market data and industry knowledge into actionable insights, providing critical thinking, insight and forward looking statements that impact our readers’ business/careers.
- Employ a wide range of research tools, including primary and secondary sources alongside quantitative and qualitative consumer research.
- Interact with a wide variety of clients ranging from small marketing agencies to multi-national giants
- Provide insight directly to clients around key trends and product activity, in-person, over the phone and through webinars
- Build strong relationships with a wide range of colleagues in other areas of the company including Global Analysts, Research Analytics, Sales, Marketing and operations teams.
- Act as Mintel spokesperson for specific beverage markets
- Partner with Product Managers to develop and enhance existing products and services
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience in a research, branding or consulting role
- Experience working in CPG beverage markets
- Expertise reading and interpreting consumer research data
- A talent for seeing the patterns behind data, and understanding what these patterns mean from a business standpoint
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated presentation skills for large audiences and individual clients
- High level of organization and scheduling abilities
- Expertise working with syndicated sales data, such as IRI or ACNielsen.
- Expertise working with syndicated consumer research such as Simmons National Consumer Survey or MRI
- Expertise working in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets