The purpose of this role is to manage the coverage within assigned countries, guiding our extensive network of Field Associates in their day-to-day activities through your acquired knowledge and expertise of market sectors, activities and trends. This role also encompasses analysing and auditing sector and country new product launch data.
In this role you will be required to use your research skills to identify new product launches for FMCGs. This would be done by monitoring relevant website and trade publications, attending trade shows and more. You would also use your detailed analytical skills to audit and analyse country market sectors to proactively identify product trends and market activity in order to support the team and Field Associate network.
You will be required to play an active part in various aspects of team coverage responsibilities. This includes but is not limited to, hiring, on boarding and maintaining relationships with freelance Field Associates. You would also be analysing statistics and data and following through with appropriate actions to the benefit of team targets as well as day-to-day management of Field Associates and their functions and also assisting with the development of methodologies.
The successful candidate will have an interest in FMCG retail and is extremely comfortable with web-based technologies such as social media, blogs and newswires. An inquisitive nature is highly sought after and someone who thrives in a team atmosphere.
- Managing Field Associate freelance employment lifecycles
- Hiring, on boarding, maintaining relations and off boarding if required.
- Day-to-day management of functions
- Analysing numerical statistics and data
- Ad Hoc research projects
- Attending trade events when applicable
- Researching relevant online/print information for new product activity
- Communicate with contacts via email, telephone and/or face-to-face
- Creation of “shopping lists” of new products to support the Field Associate network
- 1 – 2 years of corporate working experience
- Desk research background/experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Additional language skills are advantageous. (Mandarin/Cantonese language preferred)
- Team oriented individual whilst able to work independently
- Comfortable speaking to contacts on the phone and/or face-to-face
- Knowledgeable with online tools (News feeds, blogs, social media)
- Flexible schedule with the ability to travel overseas as required