Mintel is looking for a UI Product Designer to join our US Product Development team. As a UI Product Designer, you’ll design thoughtful, engaging and meaningful products that excite our users. You’ll be a key member of the team working to deliver Mintel’s world-class insights through simple, intuitive, effective, and modern web design.
You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visual interfaces — from concept to execution. You’ll collaborate with product managers, UX strategists, developers, and your fellow designers to continuously refine the suite of Mintel products and our design system; Creating innovative products that people love to use.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work collaboratively with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Contribute to our developing design system by helping formalize a consistent visual design language across all products
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off with engineering
- Work with UX designers to utilize web analytics data, consumer insights, market research, and proven user-centered design principles in the creation of user interface designs
- Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in usability testing and interpreting analytics data
- Proactively review, refine, and recommend new interface concepts across multiple websites
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, UI Design or other related field
- 3-5 years’ demonstrable experience in digital and web
- Proven UI/product design experience with a strong portfolio; interaction design experience a plus
- Deep understanding of web standards, responsive web design, and atomic/modular design principles
- Experience with data visualization tools such as HighCharts, Tableau, D3, etc.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other visual design tools
- Basic understanding of WCAG, Section 508, and WAI-ARIA standards.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to make strong recommendations based on industry trends, consumer research, business needs and technical feasibility/difficulty
- Excellent communication (verbal and presentational) interpersonal skills along with the ability to collaborate across multiple business units
- Detail oriented, with a passion for consistency
- High performance under pressure and in adherence to deadlines with a quality output
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets